Photo Challenge Days 1 & 2
How many times do you buy that one big item you've wanted for a long time and then it just sits because it's so overwhelming to try and figure it out or learn how to use it.
There's a guitar sitting in my closet. It's been there for 8 years. I've attempted to learn it a handful of times, but I give up so easily. The time it takes, the practice, and then there's the feeling you lose in your fingers :).
But I don't want that to happen with my most recent purchase. My Nikon D3400. Every year around Thanksgiving/Christmas we bring up the subject of 'do we/don't we'. We've both wanted a professional camera, but the cost is just hard to swallow! After a couple of unexpected bonuses at work this year, we did it! We walked into Roberts camera store in Carmel (great place to start!) just to 'look'... 20 minutes later we walked out with a new camera.
It's been fun playing with it and the picture quality just for the Auto mode is amazing. But it's a purchase I hope to do more with and learn more about.
My friend Emily (who took our fabulous family pictures/Kora's 1-year-old pictures) sent me a 30-day picture challenge list. I thought, what a great idea to encourage me to get my camera out every day and take a picture. We originally planned to start on Christmas Day - well that didn't happen. So we attempted to start yesterday. Again, didn't happen! But TODAY! So I took pictures 1&2 tonight and I'll catch up to day 3 tomorrow.
Day 1: Self Portrait
Day 2: What You Wore (and I've literally been in this all day)
Day 2 leads me to another reason for writing this blog. Fitness. Yes, that dreaded time of year when we all pledge to eat better and exercise more. I'm falling into it this January. My reason? CRUISE. My husband and I have our 10th Anniversary Cruise in March and I'm so flippin excited. And what do most people do when they go on trips like this? Try to lose weight. I'm 16 months past baby #2 and still not quite back at pre-baby weight.
So what am I doing? Core de Force. MMA Style workouts for the next 28 days (I've completely yesterday and today's workouts - so 30 days total). Core de Force is a Beachbody program. I've attempted the 21-day Fix a few times, but I haven't quite made it the full 21 days. It's a struggle for me. I'm a stress/emotional/mindless eater. But I have goals. Life Goals.
So why the new blog? To share life. To learn more. To inspire. Because I don't give up, even if I have to start over.
There's a guitar sitting in my closet. It's been there for 8 years. I've attempted to learn it a handful of times, but I give up so easily. The time it takes, the practice, and then there's the feeling you lose in your fingers :).
But I don't want that to happen with my most recent purchase. My Nikon D3400. Every year around Thanksgiving/Christmas we bring up the subject of 'do we/don't we'. We've both wanted a professional camera, but the cost is just hard to swallow! After a couple of unexpected bonuses at work this year, we did it! We walked into Roberts camera store in Carmel (great place to start!) just to 'look'... 20 minutes later we walked out with a new camera.
It's been fun playing with it and the picture quality just for the Auto mode is amazing. But it's a purchase I hope to do more with and learn more about.
My friend Emily (who took our fabulous family pictures/Kora's 1-year-old pictures) sent me a 30-day picture challenge list. I thought, what a great idea to encourage me to get my camera out every day and take a picture. We originally planned to start on Christmas Day - well that didn't happen. So we attempted to start yesterday. Again, didn't happen! But TODAY! So I took pictures 1&2 tonight and I'll catch up to day 3 tomorrow.
Day 1: Self Portrait
Day 2: What You Wore (and I've literally been in this all day)
Day 2 leads me to another reason for writing this blog. Fitness. Yes, that dreaded time of year when we all pledge to eat better and exercise more. I'm falling into it this January. My reason? CRUISE. My husband and I have our 10th Anniversary Cruise in March and I'm so flippin excited. And what do most people do when they go on trips like this? Try to lose weight. I'm 16 months past baby #2 and still not quite back at pre-baby weight.
So what am I doing? Core de Force. MMA Style workouts for the next 28 days (I've completely yesterday and today's workouts - so 30 days total). Core de Force is a Beachbody program. I've attempted the 21-day Fix a few times, but I haven't quite made it the full 21 days. It's a struggle for me. I'm a stress/emotional/mindless eater. But I have goals. Life Goals.
So why the new blog? To share life. To learn more. To inspire. Because I don't give up, even if I have to start over.
Comments
Post a Comment