The grieving holidays
Thanksgiving has come and gone. Christmas is set up and ready.
But it still doesn't feel like the holidays.
I didn't get my camera out for pictures. Mom and I haven't been talking about our 'Black' Friday deals all week. We didn't have to run out to Meijer on Thursday morning for those last-minute things.
November has come to an end and as I mentioned in my last post I wanted to look past the dark to find the light, to find warmth and joy this season. Overall it was a good month.
Nov 4th - Started the application process to go back to school for a Master of Science in Health Informatics
Nov 5th - Mom's birthday - we celebrated with cake and chocolate/peanut butter milkshakes
Nov 9th - Game Day - always fun!
Nov 10th - Dad's birthday - we took him to Texas Roadhouse and spent a beautiful afternoon helping rake up some leaves.
Nov 14th - So You Think You Can Dance Tour! Went with a friend and we had a blast! Those dancers are amazing!
Nov 17th - Family lunch
Nov 26th - Frozen 2 with Jeremy & the girls
Nov 28th - Family Thanksgiving
Of course, there were other fun things! Needlework night & game night with church ladies; ladies night out; & dinner with new friends from church.
Thanksgiving still didn't feel like Thanksgiving - just like something was missing. Today we put up the tree and lights and played Christmas music, and watched Christmas movies. There is still that piece missing. Maybe it will always be missing. Maybe it will heal, year-by-year.
I have plenty of holiday activities to look forward to in December - just praying that I can enjoy them like I want to and not just go through the motions. I love this time of year, but I still feel like I'm struggling to get into it.
Also - Disney + has helped my mood a lot :)
But it still doesn't feel like the holidays.
I didn't get my camera out for pictures. Mom and I haven't been talking about our 'Black' Friday deals all week. We didn't have to run out to Meijer on Thursday morning for those last-minute things.
November has come to an end and as I mentioned in my last post I wanted to look past the dark to find the light, to find warmth and joy this season. Overall it was a good month.
Nov 4th - Started the application process to go back to school for a Master of Science in Health Informatics
Nov 5th - Mom's birthday - we celebrated with cake and chocolate/peanut butter milkshakes
Nov 9th - Game Day - always fun!
Nov 10th - Dad's birthday - we took him to Texas Roadhouse and spent a beautiful afternoon helping rake up some leaves.
Nov 14th - So You Think You Can Dance Tour! Went with a friend and we had a blast! Those dancers are amazing!
Nov 17th - Family lunch
Nov 26th - Frozen 2 with Jeremy & the girls
Nov 28th - Family Thanksgiving
Of course, there were other fun things! Needlework night & game night with church ladies; ladies night out; & dinner with new friends from church.
Thanksgiving still didn't feel like Thanksgiving - just like something was missing. Today we put up the tree and lights and played Christmas music, and watched Christmas movies. There is still that piece missing. Maybe it will always be missing. Maybe it will heal, year-by-year.
I have plenty of holiday activities to look forward to in December - just praying that I can enjoy them like I want to and not just go through the motions. I love this time of year, but I still feel like I'm struggling to get into it.
Also - Disney + has helped my mood a lot :)


Comments
Post a Comment